Cayenne Climate & Temperature
- Cayenne, French Guiana is at 4°49'N, 52°22'W, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Cayenne has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cayenne is situated in or near the subtropical wet forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 26.8 degrees Celsius (80.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1.5 °C (2.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 3744 mm (147.4 inches) which is equivalent to 3744 Litres/m² (91.83 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2224 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Cayenne you would come out nearest to the climate station at Ambon, Maluku Islands, Indonesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Cayenne, French Guiana Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Georgetown, Guyana - 676.1 kms (420.1 miles) WNW
- Timehri, Guyana - 676.8 kms (420.6 miles) WNW
- Paramaribo, Suriname - 330 kms (205 miles) WNW
- St. Laurent, French Guiana - 198.1 kms (123.1 miles) WNW
- Maripasoula, French Guiana - 227 kms (141.1 miles) SW
- Tirios, Brazil - 492 kms (305.7 miles) SW
- Obidos, Brazil - 828.1 kms (514.6 miles) SSW
- Monte Alegre, Brazil - 783.4 kms (486.8 miles) SSW
- Santarem, Brazil - 846.8 kms (526.2 miles) SSW
- Belterra, Brazil - 878.5 kms (545.9 miles) SSW